We also advocate for ethical, accountable and professional fundraising best practices within the Catholic Church. We strongly promote fundraising as a recognized ministry of the church.
The following are some of the issues that NCDC addresses, most often in collaboration with others:
- Protection of the nonprofit and particularly the religious exemption at federal and state levels
- Continuation of tax incentives for charitable giving including: tax deductions for charitable giving, IRA Rollover for charitable gifts exemption, and preservation of estate taxes
- Support of self-regulation in the nonprofit sector as opposed to additional regulation and oversight at the state and federal levels, including individual or institutional certification requirements
- Excessive registration requirements and fees for fundraising efforts, and more specifically annuity programs
- Affordable postal rates and reasonable postal requirements and delivery services
- Appropriate regulation of exemptions for noncash gifts
NCDC actively represents the interests of its members through strong affiliations with many national philanthropic and professional organizations.